Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My food is problematic

Sure has been awhile since I've done one of these...

So it's been over three months since my transition into the pescetarian lifestyle, and I have some updates and confessions to make.

About a month or so ago I had terriyaki chicken from Kyoto Terriyaki in Boulder, then the next day I had a hamburger from Thunderbird Burgers, and the day after that I had steak in my Pho.  These slips in my moral fiber have actually been quite beneficial.  I have discovered that I've lost my taste for chicken enough that it no longer outweighs the feeling of guilt I have over eating it.  I felt terrible after dinner at Kyoto.

I have also learned that red meat is TOTALLY FUCKING WORTH THE GUILT.  I can't help it, and maybe it speaks poorly to my moral constitution, but hamburgers and steak are seriously so damned good I can barely stand it.  I have therefore somewhat revised my dietary description.  While I suppose it is still somewhat valid to call myself pescetarian, I just don't think I can fully eliminate red meat from my diet for the time being, and will thusly be occassionally indulging in a steak or a hamburger, though only once or twice a month at most.

I also recently discovered the amazingness that is Morningstar Farms.  While there are a lot of meat replacements that are worse than not eating meat, Morningstar Farms so far has failed to let me down.  Their Corndogs, veggie dogs, and buffalo chik'n are what I've tried so far, and they're all amazing.  Honestly, I recommend all of you give them a try and see how you feel about em.

No comments: