Saturday, April 18, 2009

If I wanted schooling, I'd-a gone to school

It's over. It's finally over.

After 20 years, my scholastic career is finally at an end. No longer, when asked what I am doing with my evening will I respond "homework", and I am sure all of my friends are particularly glad to never have to hear me respond "thesis" (or listen to my incessant whining about said thesis).

I would like to thank every single person who ever offered me words of encouragement this semester. I am honestly not certain if I would have been able to finish my thesis without all of your support, and I know that I was constantly grateful that I've managed to surround myself with such wonderfully badass peoples.

I would also like to congratulate my good friend James, who has also achieved this auspicious milestone.

While I know it may sound somewhat out of character for me to say nice things (especially about people I actually do like), I realize that it is on occasion important for me to remind everyone I care about that I really do care, and I really do value your friendships. Without you I would both literally and figuratively not be where I am today, and I can never truly thank you all enough.

(I know it is unlikely that anyone much cares, but I will likely be posting up my entire thesis sometime soon, so if it strikes your fancy you too can learn about Ambient Environments and Agile Software Metrics)

2 comments:

Brit said...

Wow, AJ. I hadn't seen this post until now, but truly... thank you for that.

You know, if you hadn't been a shining example of how one goes about accomplishing their thesis (as opposed to the "Ooh, look! A distraction" method I was using) I probably wouldn't have finished, so kudos to you. And many, many thanks.

Now that that's over with, I'm going to go take a shower and wash this moment off of me. :-)

StayJay said...

Though I do most sincerely congratulate you on your achievement, and know your thesis is wonderful, I make that assertion based on your character and intelligence, etc. as opposed to your actual thesis...

which I'll never read. :P

CONGRATS, Master AJ!!